Fariha Pervez Sitting with Verstile Talented Artist - Princess Newz

Wednesday 12 March 2014

Fariha Pervez Sitting with Verstile Talented Artist



Fariha Pervez is one of the leading female singers of Pakistan. Fariha started her career with anchoring and acting from a very young age on PTV (Pakistan state television channel). She also co-hosted a popular children’s music program “Aangan Aangan Taray”. After the release of her debut Album. “Nice n Naughty”, her song “Patang Baaz” (a.k.a Bo kata) became a super hit. Her musical career took off and she there onwards decided to focus solely on singing.



Today we are here  with our dear and loved one Fariha Pervez.




Exclusive Interview with Nice n Naughty Patang Baaz Fariha Pervez



By khabardar TV’s Reporter Maria (Islamabad)













Fariha if you get a chance to judge future singers in Pakistan Idol will you go? And how do you see Hadiqa , Ali Azmat & Bushra Ansari as judges? 



Fariha: If I was called as a judge I would have joined. All of them are unique and well experienced known names of the industry who have been there in the industry since quite a long time.





Fariha as female singer how you handle hurdles in you sinning career?


Fariha: Being a female media person it is very difficult to carry one as I find my personality unfit for the showbiz. I am a realistic and a down to earth person and I try not to bring fakeness to my personality. It is very very tough but when you have support from your family things become a bit easier.





What career  would you be in if not in singing?


Fariha: I would have been a teacher or a doctor if I wasn’t a singer.





Do you like singing in other languages then Punjabi? Ever thought to sing in English?


Fariha: I enjoy singing in different languages other than Punjabi and Urdu. I have also sung in Pashto and every now and then I perform one of the folk numbers in my concerts. Who knows may be I’ll work on an English number next.




How was the experience of performing in Jogi Coke Studio Season 6?


Fariha: It was quite a different experience and I loved being a part of Coke Studio Season 6. I loved the blend and the fusion as Jogi is the qawali that I have been listening since forever. Performing with Alamgir sahab is another great experience which I will remember forever as I consider it an honor that I performed with him. I also had the chance to perform live in Turkey with Sumru Ağıryürüyen and Turkish musicians all thanks to Coke Studio and Rohail Hayat. I learnt a great deal from it and loved the experimentation and the different kind of a sound.








Do you think being Courteous is bad in the music or showbiz industry?


Fariha: There is nothing too courteous. This is how I am. Respect should be given to those who deserve them. I have always respected my seniors, my colleagues and my fans and I always will. Because in the end it is all about respect and you earn it by being respectful to others and doing your best in your line of work.





Do you regret that your Teenage years are not how you wish it to be and what advice you give to teenagers about life?


Fariha: I don’t regret anything because I always tried to live in the moment whether it was my teenage years or now. And I would advise the youth to do the same. Learn from the past. Live in the present and be prepared for the future.





Your father wanted to become a singer but family didn’t support him. What do you think which singer he sounded like?


Fariha: As I have mentioned quite a few times that singing was always in my genes as my father had that passion and craze for singing. But his family opposed. I wouldn’t compare as each and every singer has his own unique voice which makes them stand out among the lot.









Fariha what do you love other than music?


Fariha: Just singing, music and good food.





Any Celebrity crush?


Fariha: None.





What is the Best advice given by your fans?


Fariha: Everything will work somehow. So no need to worry just live in the moment and let ALLAH do what is best.





When did you start singing?


Fariha: Music is in my genes and singing is my passion from my childhood. I have performed in various events at school and college levels. My debut song was released in 1996 but I have sung a few tracks for Ptv before that.





What genre of music you cannot listen at all?


Fariha: I listen to anything which is melodious regardless of genre, language or country boundaries.





What do you enjoy more, writing music or lyrics?


Fariha: I don’t write lyrics. I only concentrate on my singing and let the experts do their job :)





If  you could dabble in another genre of music, what would it be?


Fariha: I mostly cover most of the genres already like pop, folk, classical, semi-classical, ghazal and geet. I think that’s pretty much enough.





Who are your favorite singers?


Fariha: Sajjad Ali, Asha Bholse, Nayyara Noor, Mehnaz Begum





What do you think when you are performing?


Fariha: I always try to give my best while performing whenever I go on stage and try to enjoy myself when I am performing because when I am enjoying performing then my audience will also enjoy the music.





What else can we expect from you in the future?


Fariha: Lots of new things and projects including my new album.





How do you feel when you get comment on your songs?


Fariha: It feels good when a listener gives feedback on my work. If it is positive feedback and compliments I love reading them and if its criticism I try to take it positively and try to do my best to make more good music.





Is performing outside Pakistan feels any different than performing in Pakistan?


Fariha: It is a great feeling and experience wherever I perform no matter if it’s in Pakistan or outside Pakistan. I have performed all over the world. Pakistanis living in different countries miss Pakistan so much that when I perform for them it’s an unbelievable and unexplainable feeling. They give so much love and support that boosts my performance and my spirits even more.





Do you teach music?


Fariha: No I consider myself a student I cannot call myself a teacher while there is so much left to learn.





What advice would you give to beginners to deal with nerves during performance?


Fariha: Just try to give your best and sing from the heart. And keep practicing because in the end it is only practice which will lead you to become the best in your skill and career.





Do you get nervous before a performance?


Fariha: Ofcourse I do become nervous before my every performance even now as my each and every performance is different from the rest. But when I am on the stage and start performing concentrating only on my singing and performance my nervousness goes away.









How do you handle mistakes during a performance?


Fariha: No one is perfect and as humans we make mistakes and mistakes happen every now and then. I do my best to cover it with performing my best. I do sometimes make mistakes because I perform almost all kind of genres and in them I not only perform my own songs but I do get the honor of performing the golden numbers of legends and also attending to the requests made by the people in the audience so it is hard not to make a mistake. But when you and your audience are enjoying the performance it all ends well.





Do you listen to old records & tapes? Who do you like to listen?


Fariha: I have always listened to the old classics of Madam Noor Jahan, Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Mehdi Hassan Khan sahab, Ustad Salamat Ali Khan, Ustad Baday Ghulam Ali Khan. The list will go on as there are so many legends who are great maestros. One can learn a great deal just by listening to them.





Pakistani people show you much love and support, what would you like to say to Pakistan?


Fariha: What I am today is because of my fans that love and support me all the way. For Pakistan I am just going say one thing. I am thankful to ALLAH that I am a Pakistani. If I wasn’t born as a Pakistani then I would never want to belong to any other country. I am proud to be a Pakistani and I always will be.





 





Kindly add your Official Pages on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and email addresses so your fans will not follow fake ids and connect with you?


Fariha:My Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/FarihaPervez


Twitter: @FarihaPervez


Vimeo: www.vimeo.com/FarihaPervez


My Website: www.FarihaPervez.com


Email: info@FarihaPervez.com





Few words for our website Khabardar.tv and for the journalist (Miss. Maria)?





Fariha: It was a different interview which I have done after quite a long while. The questions were well thought. I wish the organization the best of luck for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment